People have changed how they like to travel, and more travelers are now interested in vacation rentals instead of traditional hotels. Travelers are seeking alternative stays, like cabins, chalets, chateaus, boats, recreational vehicles, etc., with demand increasing by over 50% compared to Q2 2019 (Expedia Traveler Insights Report, Q4 2022).
Why you should offer vacation rentals
Vacation rentals provide a unique and personalized experience, allowing travelers to enjoy a home-like atmosphere during their stay but it can also bring you amazing benefits.
|Allows you to offer a broader range of accommodations, catering to various traveler preferences and needs.||Vacation rentals often come with longer stays, which could lead to higher earnings.||Allows you to attract families, groups, eco-conscious travelers, and those seeking luxury or off-the-beaten-path experiences.||By offering vacation rentals, you can differentiate yourself from others that primarily focus on hotel bookings.|
How to book vacation rentals
Booking this type of property is easy on Expedia TAAP. It is like booking a hotel and you can earn commission from it.
We get vacation rentals from two sources, Expedia and Vrbo. The process to book properties from either of these sources is identical, and you can manage Vrbo reservations, such as amendments, cancellations or speaking to a customer support agent, via our virtual agent.
When to offer vacation rentals
You might be considering the best times to recommend vacation rentals to your clients and how to highlight their advantages for travelers. We've compiled some helpful points to keep an eye out for, which can guide you in determining the ideal moments to offer these appealing accommodation choices.
- Longer Stays: For travelers planning extended trips, such as a week or more, vacation rentals offer the comfort and amenities of a home away from home, making them a suitable choice.
- Last-Minute Travel: Vacation rentals often offer great value due to restrictive cancellation policies. If the travel is last minute and less likely to be canceled, you could be offering more space to travelers for less money.
- Group Travel: because of the space these properties offer they are ideal when you have more than two travelers or for family events.
- Pet-Friendly Travel: For clients traveling with pets, vacation rentals often provide pet-friendly options that are more accommodating than many traditional hotels.
- Privacy and Seclusion: If clients are seeking a private and secluded getaway, such as a romantic retreat or a peaceful escape, vacation rentals in remote or secluded locations can be a perfect fit.